In 2018, Sanborn Mills Farm will offer workshops in blacksmithing, oxen skills, and fiber art traditions. To learn more about each of these categories, you can visit the Workshops section of this website, or go to the Calendar.
Our workshops are kept small to make sure that everyone gets personal attention. They tend to fill up early, so please consider registering at least one month before the workshop start date to assure you get the workshop you want.
If you know the workshop you’d like to sign up for and are ready to pay for it by credit card . . .
- Go right to the Online Registration Form below.
- Please read over the policies section carefully and fill in your information.
- If it is a gift, check the “gift” box and fill in the gift recipient’s name and contact information. (Click here to learn more about gift certificates.)
- Please note that our online registration process uses will ask you to pay for the entire workshop fee.
If you want to reserve a spot with a one-day deposit ….
- Print out the Registration Form below and mail it to us at:
Programs & Workshops, Sanborn Mills Farm, 7097 Sanborn Rd, Loudon, NH 03307
- If you are paying for the deposit with a check, please enclose it.
- If you need to pay for the deposit by credit card, call the office at 603-435-7314 weekdays between 9am and 3pm.
SMF 2018 Wkshp Registration Form (word doc)
(Click the back arrow to get back to this page!)
Regardless of the method of payment, the balance of the workshop fee and any additional supply costs are due on the first day of the workshop. You will be able to pay with cash, a check or by credit card.
Questions? Call the office at 603-435-7314 weekdays between 9am and 3pm.
OUR POLICIES . . .
RESERVING A SPACE IN A WORKSHOP:
A minimum of a one-day deposit is required to hold a space in a workshop. The balance is due upon the first day of the workshop. Please use the above Workshop Registration Form.
Workshops make a perfect gift for a special family member or friend. If you know the workshop you want to register someone for, you can do it right on the Online Registration Form below. You will be asked for your contact information and the contact information of the person you are presenting the gift to so that a workshop reminder can be sent out two weeks prior to the workshop start date.
Click here, if you want to learn more about gift certificates, including how to purchase one so your gift recipient can choose their own workshop and date.
WAIT LISTING FOR A WORKSHOP:
If the workshop you want to take is marked “FULL” on our website and you would like to be put on a wait list, please call the office at 603-435-7314 weekdays from 9am to 3 pm or email: email@example.com
If a student needs to cancel or wants to change to a different workshop:
Owing to the amount of time and effort that goes into planning and holding a workshop, cancellations or a request to change to a different workshop must be made at least 30 days prior to the start date of a workshop in order to receive a refund. Refunds are the amount paid for the workshop minus a non-refundable $25 registration fee.
If Sanborn Mills Farm needs to cancel a workshop:
Each workshop must have a minimum number of students. If a cancellation becomes necessary, we will notify students two weeks prior to the start date of a workshop and a FULL refund will be provided to any students who have registered.
Refunds for workshops purchased as a gift certificate will be to the purchaser only.
There are specific safety requirements depending upon the type of workshop you will be taking:
- Blacksmithing workshops: Students are required to use eye protection at all times, use ear protection when using power equipment, and wear sturdy covered shoes. We recommend wearing clothing made from natural fibers and a leather apron.
- Draft animal workshops: Students are required to wear sturdy laced up work shoes/boots at all times, wear a hard hat when working in the woods, and use eye & ear protection when making draft animal equipment, especially when working with power tools.
Sanborn Mills Farm is a rural setting so if you are allergic to insect bites, please alert your instructor of your allergy and bring an epipen with you while on the farm.
The fee for the workshop includes meals as listed in each workshop description. You will be asked if you have any food restrictions prior to your workshop. Workshop activities and meals are for paying participants only.
If traveling from afar to take a workshop, housing is available right here at the farm. Click here to learn about housing options.
- For the safety and comfort of all, pets are not permitted at workshops.
Special Needs . . .
If you or someone you are signing up for a workshop have special needs, please contact the office before registering so we can determine the best solution for your educational goals. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 3 pm – 603-435-7314.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM