REGISTER FOR A WORKSHOP:
Our workshops are kept small to make sure that everyone gets personal attention. They tend to fill up early, so please consider registering at least one month before the workshop start date to assure you get the workshop you are interested in.
If you know the workshop you’d like to sign up for and are ready to pay for it by credit card . . .
- Please make sure to read over the policies below before registering.
- Then, click on the green “REGISTER HERE” button below.
- You will be taken through a process of selecting the workshop you want .
- After completing all the information, our online registration process will allow you to pay in full or select a payment plan. A deposit of 50% of the workshop fee is required to reserve a spot in a workshop. Final payment is due 30 days before the workshop start date.
Wait List for a workshop . . .
If the workshop you want to take is marked “FULL,” click on the green “Register Here” button and you will be directed to fill our your information to join a wait list. You will be contacted if a space opens up.
If you want to register for a workshop with a check . . .
- Download the Workshop Registration Form, available as both a pdf and MS doc file:
2019 SMF Wkshp Registration Form (pdf) 2019 SMF Wkshp Registration Form (MS doc)
- (Click the back arrow to get back to this page!)
- A deposit of 50% of the workshop fee is required to reserve a space. Final payment is due 30 days before the workshop start date.
- Make your checks out to: Sanborn Mills Inc. and mail to: Business Office, Sanborn Mills Farm, 7097 Sanborn Road, Loudon, NH 03307
Giving a workshop as a gift . . .
Workshops make a perfect gift “of doing & learning” for a special family member or friend. To learn on how to register someone click here!
If you want your gift to be a complete surprise, please call the office weekdays between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm.
You can also email email@example.com and she’ll call you back.
If you decide to register before calling us and you would like it to be a surprise, please be sure to enter YOUR email address throughout the registration process!
If you want a gift certificate, just email Lynn. Thanks!
Sanborn Mills Farm is an adult education center. Therefore workshop participants must be a minimum of 18 years old. Younger students may be accepted on a case-by-case basis and must be accompanied by an adult. For more information, please call the office at 603-491-0020 weekdays between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm.
SPECIAL NEEDS & ACCOMMODATIONS:
If the person you are registering for a workshop has a special need, please make sure to contact the office BEFORE registering so that we can determine the best solution for your educational goals. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 3 pm – 603-435-7314 or 503-435-4063.
If you need to cancel your registration or want to change to a different workshop . . .
Cancellations must be made at least 30 days prior to the start date of a workshop in order to receive a refund. Refunds are the amount paid for the workshop minus a non-refundable $25 registration fee.
A full refund will be made for any amount paid for overnight housing.
Requests to change to a different workshop must also be made 30 days prior to a workshop start date.
If Sanborn Mills Farm needs to cancel a workshop . . .
Each workshop must have a minimum number of students to be held. If Sanborn Mills Farm finds it necessary to cancel a workshop, we will notify students two weeks prior to the scheduled workshop start date and a FULL refund will be provided to those students who have already registered.
- Refunds for a workshop purchased as a gift will be to the purchaser only.
- Sanborn Mills Farm cannot be held responsible for any refunds for air, bus, train travel expenses or for off-site housing expenses incurred as the result of a cancellation of any kind.
There are specific safety requirements depending upon the type of workshop you will be taking:
- Blacksmithing workshops: Students are required to use eye protection at all times and wear sturdy covered shoes. We recommend wearing ear protection, clothing made from natural fibers, and a leather apron.
- Draft animal workshops: Students are required to wear sturdy laced up work shoes/boots at all times and wear a hard hat when working in the woods. Students must use eye & ear protection and wear face masks when working with power tools to make draft animal equipment.
Sanborn Mills Farm is a rural setting so if you are allergic to insect bites, please alert your instructor of your allergy and bring an epipen with you while on the farm.
The fee for the workshop includes meals as listed in each workshop description. You will be asked if you have any food restrictions when you register for the workshop.
Workshop activities and meals are for paying participants only.
If traveling from afar to take a workshop, housing may be available at the farm. Click here to learn about housing options.
Housing at Sanborn Mills Farm is for adults only.
For the safety and comfort of all, pets are not permitted at workshops.