Blacksmithing Intermediate Smithing
October 28, 2022 @ 8:00 am - October 30, 2022 @ 4:00 pm$375.00
Friday, October 28th- Sunday, October 30th
8:00am – 4:00pm
This class is designed for students with some experience in basic blacksmithing techniques and using a coal forge. Students will gain additional mastery of regulating heat using a well-maintained coal fire, improve hammer technique, and further master the basic operations. Drawing out, bending, slitting and drifting, and forge welding will be emphasized. Students will apply these and other operations to make a strap hinges, pintles, and a leaf finial, which can be made into a bracket, hook, or other object.
Skills + Techniques
Students will learn:
- Mastery of regulating heat
- Improved hammer technique
- Further master basic operations
- Please read our COVID-19 Policy prior to registering
- We are honoring each instructor’s specific COVID-19 safety requests. For this workshop, your instructor reserves the right to require masks depending on the state of the pandemic at the time of the workshop
Housing + Meals
Housing and meals will be available on-site in 2022. We will let all registered students know when housing registration is open. Spots will be first-come, first serve. The option to choose meals will be open to all students. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
$375.00 / per student