Carry-All Basket – FULL
June 4 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$100.00
Saturday, June 4th, 2022
9:00am – 5:00pm
This Workshop is full. You may join the waitlist or check out Wendy’s Field Basket class on September 17th, 2022.
In this workshop, students will make a Carry-All Basket that you can find a use for every day, from shopping trips to toting supplies to fetching garden goods and to all of your needs in between. Using rattan, this useful rectangular basket is woven with a “filled” plaited base. Students will weave and shape the sides of their basket with a start and stop weaving technique. Two wide weavers will be incorporated to accept the Shaker Tape strap that will be used as the carrying handles (there will be discussion about replacing the Shaker Tape with a handwoven band strap). Rim fitting, scarfing and lashing will also be taught.
The approximate size of your Carry-All Basket is 16” long x 10” high x 6” wide.
Skills + Techniques:
Students will learn:
- Use rattan in basketry
- Create a filled plaited base
- Use Start and stop weaving technique
- Incorporate Wide weavers
- Learn rim fitting, scarfing, and lashing
Tools + Materials
Students should bring:
- All materials will be supplied
- Students may bring a pen and notebook for note taking
- $50.00 paid at time of workshop
- Please read our COVID-19 Policy prior to registering
- We are honoring each instructor’s specific COVID-19 safety requests. For this workshop, your instructor reserves the right to require additional safety procedures depending on the state of the pandemic at the time of the workshop
Housing + Meals
Housing and meals will be available on-site in 2022. We will let all registered students know when housing registration is open. Spots will be first-come, first serve. The option to choose meals will be open to all students. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
$100.00 / per student