September 17 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$100.00
Saturday, September 17, 2022
9:00am – 5:00pm
In this workshop, students will start with a simple spoked base using rattan. Students will taper a second set of stakes to create this double spoked base basket, creating a starlike center to the base. Students will then weave and shape the sides of this handsome, utilitarian round basket with a continuous weave. The basket is finished with a sturdy rim and leather side handles. Shaping, rimming, scarfing and lashing will all be taught.
Field Basket dimensions are approximately 8″ H x 13″ in diameter.
Appropriate for all levels.
Skills + Techniques
Students will learn:
- Use rattan in basketry
- Create a double spoked base
- Use continuous weave
- Learn rim fitting, scarfing, and lashing
Tools + Materials
Students should bring:
- All materials will be supplied
- Students may bring a pen and notebook for note taking
- $55.00 paid at time of workshop
- Please read our COVID-19 Policy prior to registering
- We are honoring each instructor’s specific COVID-19 safety requests. For this workshop, your instructor reserves the right to require additional safety procedures depending on the state of the pandemic at the time of the workshop
Housing + Meals
Housing and meals will be available on-site in 2022. We will let all registered students know when housing registration is open. Spots will be first-come, first serve. The option to choose meals will be open to all students. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
$100.00 / per student