Build a Four Lite Window Sash
Workshop Fee: $375.00
In this class, students will learn how to build a traditional window sash using primarily hand tools. This class is geared towards beginner and intermediate skill levels. Each student will take home a hand built, four lite, eastern white pine window sash approximately 22” x 16” and a corresponding story stick. With time permitting, we will glaze the windows but if that is not accomplished students can bring home glass and glazing compound. Some basic hand tool skills are recommended but not required.
Skills and Techniques:
• Tool safety (as relevant to the project)
• Project layout and making a story stick
• Hand cutting joinery (using chisel and saw)
• Using a molding plane
• Cutting a mortise by hand and machine
• Glass cutting and glazing demonstration (possible student participation with time permitting)
Materials Fee: $22 Paid at the time of workshop.
Special Tools or Equipment: Sanborn Mills will provide tools; however, if students have chisels, mallets, or saws etc, that they would like to use, they can bring them.
This workshop is offered in partnership with the New Hampshire Preservation Alliance.
Please be sure to read our policies before you register for a workshop which can be found here Workshop Policies
5 in stock